Welcome to another episode of The Coral Capital Podcast, a show about startups, technology, and venture capital with a focus on Japan and Asia.
In this episode, we chat with Sam Rosenblum, a Partner at Haun Ventures. Haun Ventures is a crypto focused venture capital firm founded by former a16z Partner Katie Haun in 2022 with a record $1.5 billion debut fund. Prior to Haun Ventures, Sam was a Partner at Polychain Capital, another leading crypto-focused investment firm. He was also an early team member at Coinbase, where he focused on business development, traveling across the globe to meet both government officials and crypto enthusiasts.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Sam left Visa to join Coinbase, a fledgling startup with just 30 people
- Global crypto regulations, and how Japan compares
- Why Japanese authorities were so eager to learn about crypto early on
- Differences between Web 2 investments and Web 3 investments
- Will Ethereum ever surpass Bitcoin? Thoughts on “The flippening”
- When will the crypto winter end?